Atlantic Coast Trail
An eight-day trek, including six on horseback, along the Atlantic coast from Essaouira to the south or vice versa.
During this week you will have the opportunity to meet fishing villages, small wild private beaches, fresh water springs gushing from the beach at low tide. The wonderful view from the top of the cliffs towards the ocean will leave you speechless.
Every day a different landscape, a different terrain, where you can experience the three gaits: step, trot and gallop, together with your faithful travel companion, who during this crossing and day after day will trust you more and more, and with whom you will have the opportunity to establish a special connection relationship.
You can take care of your horse during the lunch break, in the evening upon arrival at the bivouac you will give it water and him's ration of food; it will be a special part of this unique experience.
You will have the opportunity to make beautiful encounters along your path, shepherds grazing with their animals, beekeepers struggling with the hives, farmers working in the fields, some with agricultural vehicles and others helped by mules, donkeys or dromedaries for the plowing of the land.
You will meet fishermen who from the cliffs, or from the rocks, will offer you the fresh catch of the day.
Or ladies washing clothes by the river, who will offer you a cup of tea at their home and fresh homemade bread.
The culinary and food aspect is of great interest, our cook will be able to give you delights and make you taste the typical cuisine of Morocco, offering you a different dish every day, freshly prepared and attentive to your possible food allergies or preferences, which you have communicated to us previously.
Tastes, flavours, smells will accompany you throughout the week and will be part of your travel memories.
This horse trekking on the Atlantic Ocean is not only a unique equestrian and culinary experience, but a way of traveling slowly to rediscover the contact with nature, the ancient and current crafts and repopulate the rural areas of authentic Morocco with responsible tourism. .
All with the logistical support of the Ranch de Diabat, which with all the years of experience behind it, will be able to ensure you a unique stay with attentive people, and with the best Arab Berber horses at your disposal.
Day 1: Arrival at Marrakech or Essaouira airport, welcome and transfer to Essaouira where you will have a briefing with the head of the equestrian trek. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 2-6: The Atlantic Ocean trek takes you through the eucalyptus and mimosa forests, to the beautiful deserted beaches along the southern coast. Narrow paths, small Berber villages, sand dunes and waterfalls are linked together. After climbing the cliffs and passing through fishing villages, we ascend inland to meet isolated villages and plateaus with scattered Argan trees. The Atlantic Coast program is a succession of deserted beaches, cliffs and paths that cross the barren and rocky land inland. Every evening you will live the life of the Berber nomads with the bivouac, to discover the Moroccan meal prepared by our chef, before enjoying a good night's rest in the Berber tent.
Day 7: The excursion ends with a half day on horseback along the coast, crossing a valley of palm trees and a river that irrigates all the vegetation in the area. Here the Atlantic Ocean opens up before your eyes. Arrival is relatively early, so that you have time to drive back to Essaouira, do the last few purchases and shopping before leaving. Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Essaouira.
This route can be taken from South to North or vice versa, without changing the direction of the itinerary. The organization will decide before departure where to start.
- Maximum weight allowed 90kg (the organization reserves the right not to admit to the trek who does not declare the real weight, if this exceeds the limit, and no refund will be allowed. The health of the horses takes priority)
- Please book a flight that arrives at Marrakech airport until 2pm on the day of arrival so that other participants do not have to wait too long. If your flight arrives after 2pm, you will be charged a small fee for extra transportation to Essaouira, carried out by bus instead of taxi
Travel insurance required
To book the trek, travel insurance is required to cover cancellation before the trip, illness and covid included
And an insurance that covers during the trip for any illnesses or accidents.
Our clients recommend Mondial Assitance (Allianz Partners) or Nomad Insurance or Amex insurance.
The Ranch De Diabat is equipped with its own insurance, nevertheless each customer is obliged to have his own personal.
- Equestrian Level: In order to participate in our treks, you must be comfortable in the three gaits and have the habit of being outdoors. It would be better if you had already done a full day on horseback, if you wish, it is possible to come to us a few days before the trek to benefit from lessons and to know your level., The different equestrian levels will be managed with more guides in order to guarantee the fun for every rider both beginner and with a good equestrian level.
- Accommodation for the first and last night is in the hotel. In case of single travellers: if we do not find the second person for a double room, we have to ask for a supplement for a single room.
- The accommodation during the trek will be in collective tents for 6 people, or if you wish, in a 2-person igloo tent.
- Your bivouac is equipped with a warm water shower.
- Meals : your meals are prepared by our chef, who will make you discover the richness of moroccan cuisine. The menu takes into account participants' special diets or food allergies, which will all be communicated in the registration form.
The perfect suitcase
- Soft and non-rigid suitcase
- Take t-shirts, cotton clothes, long sleeve shirt against the sun, fleece against the wind, two / three riding pants, waterproof poncho
- Hiking boots or shoes, gaiters or leggings, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen.
- Don't forget your sleeping bag, night light, tissues, underwear and medication to prevent intestinal infections.
- Each horse is equipped with a trekking saddle and bags that will allow you to carry your lunch and the personal effects necessary for your day on horseback. Sensitive people are advised to wear sheepskin as protection over the saddle, which is readily available in horse riding shops in Morocco and abroad.
- Don't forget the water bottle.
- Regarding the charging of your mobile phones and cameras, we recommend that you have a good Power Bank with a lot of battery, because electric charging via the truck will not be available every day.
Terms, conditions and pricing details
Notes / Booking Instructions
Book now and pay online