Please Note: The Bivouac is only possible with a reservation and sending of passports 2 weeks before the activity, as requested by the competent authorities of Essaouira
The weekend experience on horseback allows you to experience three intense days, full of emotions, discoveries and explorations, in complete immersion in unspoiled nature, accompanied by our faithful Arab Berber horses.
The weekend on horseback is designed for those who have less time available, but want to indulge in a true immersion in nature and in the world of horses, practicing an outdoor activity, sleeping in Berber bivouacs and tasting excellent Moroccan cuisine.
We leave from the Ranch de Diabat on Fridays. You will get to know the guide, the horse and your travel companions. From here you will dive inland, crossing small natural canyons carved by the Ksob River. Then you will go up a hill, with a wonderful panoramic view of the port of Essaouira, the island of Mogador and the natural ocean lagoon.
From here you will cross the Argan forests, pristine beaches, cliffs on the Atlantic Ocean and the immense great dunes of Cap Sim, which with its mistral lighthouse will illuminate your way back.
Day 1: Meeting at the Ranch at 10 to get to know the travel companions and the guide, as well as the horses. Trekking all day between ups and downs in small canyons and sand dunes. At lunchtime, you will meet the staff who will serve you lunch, for a regenerating break.
In the afternoon you will cross the Argan forest until you arrive at the designated place to spend the night, where you will find already set up the tents and the appropriate spaces to look after the horses. The working group will welcome you with a nice Moroccan tea and a lukewarm shower to regain your strength. An excellent Moroccan dinner will be served in front of the bonfire, which will enliven the evening.
Day 2 : After a hearty breakfast and having prepared your own steed, we leave for the sea. You will see varied landscapes and different terrains where you can put equestrian knowledge into practice and establish a good relationship with the horse. A compulsory lunch break, diligently prepared by the staff at the moment, who will pamper and delight you with a short siesta for horse and rider, before getting back on the saddle and arriving at the cliffs that surmount the beach and the Atlantic Ocean. Once you arrive at the bivouac with sea view, you can take care of your horses and take a relaxing break for a walk on the beach, a swim in the ocean (paying close attention to the sea currents) and let loose in many photographs at sunset. Evening full of entertainment in front of the bonfire, who knows who will juggle playing the guitar or bongos and who will dance? In the meantime, dinner will be served by our cook, until it is time to go to sleep in the Berber tents.
Day 3 : After breakfast and having prepared the horses, we set off in the name of a surfers' village, then meet a fishing port and climb to a huge sandy promontory with a breath-taking view of the Atlantic Ocean.
You will cross a sea of dunes, entering a bygone era, where so many films have been shot. You will leave behind you an immense lighthouse that guides the ships towards the port of Essaouira, and continuing to the long and deserted beach which will be the scene for the beautiful gallops.
In the background, the Island of Mogador, the Portuguese Castle, a sign of the imminent arrival, a last gallop to then pass by the Sultan Moulay Ben Abdallah Palace, a historical monument included in the Unesco heritage. From here you will arrive at the Ranch de Diabat to end this beautiful adventure and have lunch all together on the terrace of the Ranch.
- Maximum weight allowed 90kg (the organization reserves the right not to admit to the trek who does not declare the real weight, if this exceeds the limit, and no refund will be allowed. The health of the horses takes priority)
- Equestrian level: to participate in this excursion it is not necessary to have an equestrian level, even beginners are accepted, but in their case we do not guarantee the possibility of trotting and galloping, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis. In this case, the different equestrian levels will be managed with more guides in order to guarantee the pleasure of each rider, both beginner and a good equestrian level.
- Clothing: To participate in this horseback ride, come in long pants and closed shoes
Travel insurance required
To book the trek, travel insurance is required to cover cancellation before the trip, illness and covid included
And an insurance that covers during the trip for any illnesses or accidents.
Our clients recommend Mondial Assitance (Allianz Partners) or Nomad Insurance or Amex insurance.
The Ranch De Diabat is equipped with its own insurance, nevertheless each customer is obliged to have his own personal.
- Your bivouac is equipped with a shower with lukewarm water.
- Meals: Your meals are prepared by our chef who will make you discover the richness of Moroccan cuisine. The menu takes into account the diets or food allergies of the participants.
The perfect suitcase
- Soft and non-rigid suitcase
- Take t-shirts, cotton clothes, long sleeve shirt against the sun, fleece against the wind, two / three riding pants, waterproof poncho
- Hiking boots or shoes, gaiters or leggings, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen.
- Don't forget your sleeping bag, night light, tissues, underwear and medication to prevent intestinal infections.
- Each horse is equipped with a trekking saddle and bags that will allow you to carry your lunch and the personal effects necessary for your day on horseback. Sensitive people are advised to wear sheepskin as protection over the saddle, which is readily available in horse riding shops in Morocco and abroad.
- Don't forget the water bottle.
- Regarding the charging of your mobile phones and cameras, we recommend that you have a good Power Bank with a lot of battery, because electric charging via the truck will not be available every day.
Terms, conditions and pricing details
Notes / Booking Instructions
Book now and pay online