The Pearl of Essaouira
The six days in Essaouira on horseback are the short edition of our famous horse trekking. With this formula you can tour Morocco in 6 days, 4 of which on horseback in a circuit that will start and finish at the Ranch de Diabat.
You can walk the bends of the Ksob river, which feeds crops and wild palm trees with its water. You will pass through small natural canyons created by the flow of water in the rainy seasons.
The landscape will change and surprise you every single day for its particularities. You will cross a large forest of Argan trees, with the possibility of visiting a cooperative of women who will show you the production of oil, from the olive harvest to the finished product. If you want, you can buy their products, knowing that they are helping a real rural cooperative of working women.
From the largest Argan tree, to a path on beautiful cliffs bordering the Atlantic Ocean in the Essaouira region, where you can descend to small, wild private beaches, then go up and watch the sunset over the sea from above.
In the evening at the bivouac, enjoying the delicacies of typical Moroccan cuisine, freshly prepared by our cook, who will follow your wishes and any food allergies previously communicated in the registration form.
Next you will cross a sea of grandiose dunes, where in the background the beautiful Cap Sim lighthouse guides the ships as they approach the port of Essaouira. With this unique landscape, you will go down to the beach where you can gallop to the rhythm of the wind, admiring the island of Mogador in the background and the beautiful Medina of Essaouira, a UNESCO heritage site.
Before returning to the Ranch de Diabat, you will pass by the famous historical monument of the Sultan Moulay Ben Abdallah Palace, also included in the Unesco heritage and the scene of numerous films such as "Games of Thrones" and mythicized by Hippies from all over the world for Jimy Hendrix's unlikely visit in the 1970s.
On the last day you will have the chance to visit the Medina of Essaouira and do some shopping, and take a couple of hours for a hammam and a massage at the end of these days on horseback.
Day 1: Reception at Marrakech or Essaouira airport, transfer to Essaouira. Briefing on the progress of the trek. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 2-5: Every day you will leave for a day of trekking on horseback of about 5 hours with a lunch break of 1 hour and a half to rest, have lunch and take a little siesta. The six-day package in Essaouira on horseback, "The Pearl of Essaouira", will take you to discover the many different landscapes of the region: sand dunes, deserted beaches, cliffs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, fishing villages. Accompanied by your guide, you will have the opportunity to gallop and trot, across oueds (rivers) until you arrive at your camp. At the Bivouac you can enjoy a bonfire, a traditional Moroccan meal and a night in a Berber tent.
Day 5: The last day is dedicated to the discovery of the Souiri coast and the city. The stage lasts half a day, lunch is served upon return to the Ranch. The afternoon is free, with the possibility of shopping in the Medina of Essaouira, massages and Hammam. Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Essaouira.
Day 6: Transfer to Essaouira or Marrakech airport.
- Maximum weight allowed 90kg (the organization reserves the right not to admit to the trek who does not declare the real weight, if this exceeds the limit, and no refund will be allowed. The health of the horses takes priority)
- Please book a flight that arrives at Marrakech airport until 14:00 on the day of arrival so that other participants do not have to wait too long. If your flight arrives after 2pm, you will be charged a small fee for extra transportation to Essaouira, carried out by bus instead of taxi
Travel insurance required
To book the trek, travel insurance is required to cover cancellation before the trip, illness and covid included
And an insurance that covers during the trip for any illnesses or accidents.
Our clients recommend Mondial Assitance (Allianz Partners) or Nomad Insurance or Amex insurance.
The Ranch De Diabat is equipped with its own insurance, nevertheless each customer is obliged to have his own personal.
- Equestrian Level: In order to participate in our treks, you must be comfortable in the three gaits and have the habit of being outdoors. It would be better if you had already done a full day on horseback, if you wish, it is possible to come to us a few days before the trek to benefit from lessons and to know your level., The different equestrian levels will be managed with more guides in order to guarantee the fun for every rider both beginner and with a good equestrian level.
- Accommodation for the first and last night is in the hotel. In case of single travellers: if we do not find the second person for a double room, we have to ask for a supplement for a single room.
- The accommodation during the trek will be in collective tents for 6 people, or if you wish, in a 2-person igloo tent.
- Your bivouac is equipped with a warm water shower.
- Meals : your meals are prepared by our chef, who will make you discover the richness of Moroccan cuisine. The menu takes into account participants' special diets or food allergies, which will all be communicated in the registration form.
The perfect suitcase
- Soft and non-rigid suitcase
- Take t-shirts, cotton clothes, long sleeve shirt against the sun, fleece against the wind, two / three riding pants, waterproof poncho
- Hiking boots or shoes, gaiters or leggings, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen.
- Don't forget your sleeping bag, night light, tissues, underwear and medication to prevent intestinal infections.
- Each horse is equipped with a trekking saddle and bags that will allow you to carry your lunch and the personal effects necessary for your day on horseback. Sensitive people are advised to wear sheepskin as protection over the saddle, which is readily available in horse riding shops in Morocco and abroad.
- Don't forget the water bottle.
- Regarding the charging of your mobile phones and cameras, we recommend that you have a good Power Bank with a lot of battery, because electric charging via the truck will not be available every day.
Terms, conditions and pricing details
Notes / Booking Instructions
Book now and pay online